Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Well, well----

The wind has blown and we have now followed. We (brent and I) have moved on from San Juan Del Sur to an island in lake Nicaragua, called Ometepe. We finished our week of language school, what a great experience. I am not entirely sure how much I learned in a week but it did help some. I am able to understand much more than I am able to speak. I signed up for a spanish class for when I return home. What a beautiful thing language is. It stretches the mind and opens so much opportunity.

Our most recent adventure was climbing Maderas Volcano. Here are some photos. Well maybe not. The internet on the island is very slow so I don't think it is going to work.

The volcano was quite the trek. You hire a local guide, and start hiking right from the place we are staying. There are a couple different types of monkeys along the way. In the beginning it is a dry forest but as you gain elevation it turns into rain forest. That's right rain forest. It was both Brent and I's dream to do a rain forest trek. We had a great time. You must see photos to truly understand. It was so steep you would have to use all fours and climbing up roots and vines.

People- We have been traveling and meeting a variety of people. What beautiful creatures. So many different stories and angles of life.

We love you all and are thinking of you often.

Mom- Yes I have been remembering my pills.

Steve-o- Greetings, what an amazing area of the sweet sweet world. I wish you were here with us. There would be a bounty of laughing.

Everyone else- Love and hugs.

Sorry the photos never loaded.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah dude... it sounds ssswwweet dude.

Please give Brent a slap on the bum for me.

Steve

December 20, 2006  
Blogger Colin Franger said...

Thanks for your concern mom. Yes we stayed together. Brent is even going to come with me to get my blood drawn next week. We are thinking we will continue south into Panama.

December 21, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My friend Brian is still in Bocas Del Toro. Don't miss that Island man!

Stevo

December 22, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home