Thursday, August 17, 2006


As many already know I recently spent five days in the OHSU ICU. For those of you who were fortune enought to not have been bored with the news... I was. I thought I was bit by a spider while backpacking and after three weeks of swelling and discoloration I thought it may be wise to see a doctor. I did just that. Doctor Pennington dignosed me with Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT), or a blood clot. I was then emmited to OHSU where I spent days getting medicine applied directly to the clot via a cathader. I am still alive and well.

The reason I post this deal here is to thank you to those of you who have prayed, called, thought, or extened any energy toward me during this event. Thank you all for the support and love. I can feel it. I couln't make it without my friends and family. I want to give a big, big thanks to my mom and dad for spending five days in the room with me. I love you both.

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Colin! Thank you for posting in my blog. I haven't heard from you and did't contact you for a long time. It's nice to hear it from you again.
I opened your blog and was so surprise knowing you were at the hospital. Thanks for posting. I'll pray for you. I hope you get better now especially you're going to meet your sister She'll be surprised! I know you love and miss her so much ^^
Be blessed!

August 17, 2006  
Blogger blaine said...

linz and i have a get well soon present for you... i'll send it soon! love ya.

August 18, 2006  
Blogger lisa page said...

dear colin,
in that picture that you have posted -- at first glance your arm blends in with the counters behind it and for a split second i thought that your arm was amputated! ahhh! imagine my relief to read that you are alive and well-ish, and then to look more closely and see that you still have both of your arms. whew!
sincerely, lisa page.

August 18, 2006  
Blogger blaine said...

i sent your preseeee today... hope u like it.

August 23, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home